 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17127
FS: one box of Elgo 'American Bricks'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 03:20:27 GMT

A few days ago a friend of mine called and told me he had discovered a box of plastic bricks while cleaning out a storage shed and wondered if I wanted them. My first assumption was that they would be old CA LEGO bricks. Upon collecting them, I was surprised to find a good size box of Elgo ‘American Bricks’. When I was a kid, I had American Bricks instead of LEGO. Anyway, this box is up for sale. Any proceeds will be donated to a good cause. I would prefer to sell them here rather than to go to fleabay.

Packed weight is 7-pounds. They almost fill a USPS #8 box, so there should be a little over 6-lbs of plastic bricks in there. A USPS #8 box is 14x14x6-in.

They are primarily red bricks (2x4 and 2x2) and some 45 2x2 slopes. There is a small amount of white bricks and a bag of various white windows and doors. Almost all the white parts have faded to one extent or another. There is one white garage door and frame. There are a few clear-opaque windows. There are 5 green cardboard roof panels (in various condition, some not so good). There are no instructions or original canisters. Some of the bricks have ok clutch, but many do not. Vintage is likely 1960-ish. So, basically, this is 6-lbs of old bricks, where-is as-is.

Below are two photos of the contents.

Asking price is $25 plus shipping. For shipping, please see the USPS site and calculate the cost for priority mail from 32693 to your zip-code. Non-US please contact me. I would prefer to sell these domestically. Any other questions, contact me.

thanks, Ray