 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 16919
Subject:
70's/80's Lego® train motor wheel tire replacements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:34:47 GMT

Hallo Lego® train lovers,

<<http://home.versatel.nl/schilp-a/DSC08488-150k.jpg>>

You probably know it,... the motor wheel tires of the lego® trains from the70’s
(blue era) and 80’s (grey era) have dried out.
Your train is still in great condition, but the tires run from their wheels,
resulting in a lot of noise, but hardly any motion.

Long,... believe me,.... really long,... I have searched for a material that
would enable me to replace the original tires (I only have black ones) beyond
visible difference.
Such material does exist, but the source of it (India?? or China??) cannot be
located.
Also,… Lego® doesn’t,... no really doesn’t,... help out anymore.

<<http://home.versatel.nl/schilp-a/DSC08498-150k.jpg>>

Eventually, I found a material that allows me to cut tires that look pretty much
like the original ones from not too up close and mechanically work great. For
cutting I use Lego® of course. All it takes is a little patience.

<<http://home.versatel.nl/schilp-a/DSC01032-150k.jpg>>

My problems have been solved and now I’d like to enable others to replace these
crucial tires. Interested?... please feel free to have a look.
For the Netherlands: <http://home.versatel.nl/schilp-a/slipbandjes.htm>
For Belgium: <http://home.versatel.nl/schilp-a/slipbandjes-belgie.htm>
For Germany: <http://home.versatel.nl/schilp-a/haftreifen.htm>
For the United Kingdom: <http://home.versatel.nl/schilp-a/rubber-bands.htm>
For the United States, Canada & Australia:
<http://home.versatel.nl/schilp-a/rubber-bands-usa.htm>
For France: <http://home.versatel.nl/schilp-a/pneus-antiderapants.htm>
For Spain: < http://home.versatel.nl/schilp-a/neumaticos-antideslizantes.htm>

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards, schilp-a

Re: 70's/80's Lego® train motor wheel tire replacements