 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 13420
13419  |  13421
Subject:
Articulated Train Cars Now Available - eBay Premiere Auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 21:40:26 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

StRuCtures™ is pleased to announce that Articulated Train Cars
are - finally - available.  As is often the case with a new kit
release from The Guild of Bricksmiths™, sale of kit number one
(numbers one through six in this case) will be via an auction...
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1703253442

Following the completion of the auction, and coinciding approximately
with the start of Brickswest™, http://brickswest.com/home.html
subsequently numbered sets will be available at StRuCtures™
http://bricklink.com/store.asp?p=SRC

With an initial production run of over fifty kits, this is the largest
launch - outside The LEGO® Company - of a LEGO® kit ever!
Of course that's a lot easier to do when your kit has under 100
pieces instead of around 3500 like Bricksmith Dan Siskind's
Guarded Church - the largest LEGO® kit ever.    :-)

You're welcome to pre-order of course - if you don't want to wait for
the auction end or want more than five, etc.  First come first served
with precedence given to orders placed at/via Brickswest™.

The premiere cars I'm auctioning are the same ones seen in their
first and only public showing at GEmTS2001
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=7178   (There's even
a movie clip so you can see them in action.)   I have replaced all
the wheel sets with new (never used) wheels though, so that they'll
be of the high "as close to new as we can make them" quality you expect
from The Guild of Bricksmiths™.  As always, if anything you receive
displeases you, please LMK.

I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly thank Larry Pieniazek, (and the
rest of my fellow Bricksmiths) David Harris, and James & Raven Brown.

I was inspired to make these by the cars David "Zonker" Harris lent me
for Supertrain 2001.  After building the improved version seen at GEmTS2001,
I thought I should make them available to everyone as a kit, and asked
David if that would be cool with him.  He said sure, and I even inspired
him to improve the realism - which he did.  In turn, I like one of the
changes he made enough to offer a similar upgrade option (as version A).

These model kits feature bound instructions and a certificate of
authenticity, and will be shipped to your door in a sturdy box.  When
I made my "sneak peek" post,  http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=10827
I had no idea it would take me nine months.  (There must be joke in
there somewhere.)  Josh Baakko - your wait is over!   8-)

Steve Chapple
Bricksmith™, Guild of Bricksmiths™
http://Bricksmiths.com
Proprietor, StRuCtures™