 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 10672
Re: Brickbay Buyer Problem -- Help!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:58:39 GMT

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 01:38:51 GMT , John York wrote:

Hi guys and gals, I just wondered your thoughts on this situation.

I recently sold an item on brickbay that I described as MISB. I bought the
set off of ebay or yahoo a couple months back. It was described the same
way. I sent the set to the buyer and he claims that is has been
opened...now I didn't examine it with a magnifying glass or anything, but
to me it was still sealed. The peices are all accounted for and still
sealed in their baggies.

Has anybody had this problem before? What should I do? I'm just like most
of you guys and doing this for fun, so I can't exactly pay him to ship it
back to me! I offered to buy the set back for its full value of $50, but
not to reimburse for shipping. Is this fair? I've also offered him a
couple other sets at 1/2 off prices on my shop...am I being unfair, or is
it the buyers responsibility to be aware of exactly what he or she is
buying?

Never had it happen to me, but IMHO the best you can do is take it back,
give the guy a refund and pay for shipping. I know it's a bitch, you loose
some (perhaps a lot) of $$$ but nobody can afterwards say anything that
might work against you. Or work out a deal like a partial refund to make up
from the MISB-MIB difference.

I bought a used, but complete (with manual and box) set about 1.5 year ago
from somebody on LUGNET. When the set arrived it turned out to have several
critical parts missing (replaced with common other parts) When I
complained, the seller only wanted to give me a refund when I shipped the
sets back at my own expense. When I did this, using the cheapest rate
possible ofcourse, he even started complaining it took too long, the stuff
got damaged etc etc. Well that's one person who I'll never buy from again.
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net
3DGamers simulations editor  | http://www.3dgamers.com