 Marketplace / Auctions / 7894
Re: Import Duty and Insurance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:13:41 GMT

http://dataweb.usitc.gov/scripts/tariff2001.asp

Type in "toys" in the search box.

Click the radio button next to 95033000.--Construction sets and constructional toys
(o/than scale model kits) nesoi and parts and accessories thereof--08/01/1997,
click the Detail button.

What that shows you is that except for Lego from non-NTRs, there is no duty on it.

A couple of notes:
Have the seller list it as Construction Toys (95033000)/Lego
Have the seller include a note inside taped to the cellophane on the box noting
that this is a Mint In Sealed Box collectors item, please do not open.  If
possible, have the seller print out the 95033000 pages from the site above and
include them inside the box - this will hopefully keep them from opening the
internal box (though I've never had them do that on any of my stuff that has been
delayed by Customs before, due to it NOT being labeled Construction Toys).

John York wrote:

Hi guys I've got a couple questions that some of you might be able to help me
with. I want to insure my package from England for about $2000, do any of you
know what the U.S. customs will do if a package comes in with that much
insurance? Do I then have to pay an import duty or tax? I've tried to look this
up, but it's very confusing to say the least. Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

--
Tom Stangl