 Marketplace / Auctions / 4412
Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 19:42:54 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction & lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Scott Arthur writes:
I have over 20 auctions ready to go online over the next 48 hours or so.
[...]
Otherewise, watch ebay this weekend. As always, lots will have NO RESERVE &
start at $0.01.

Ah, yes, wonderful.  Yet another blatant auction announcment crossposted
to .buy-sell.trade.

I don't get it.  I thought we went over this several times already:

1.  http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=2626
2.  http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=2688
3.  http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/?n=1032
4.  http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=3602

I have reinserted the filter in the newsserver which helps Scott remember not
to post auction announcemenets to .market.buy-sell-trade.  The filter is
again rather broad and prevents Scott from posting anything at all to .market
.buy-sell-trade (since it can't be smart enough to actually discern the
difference between an auction post and a non-auction post).  He can still post
to other groups, although I begin to wonder at this point whether the filter
is overly lenient.

--Todd

[followups to .admin.general]