 Marketplace / Appraisal / 509
508  |  510
Subject:
value of '70s sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:03:07 GMT

I have a friend who recentlly dug up his lego collection.  ranging from the
early '70 to the ealy '90 (but not particurarlly large, [two buckets]) in
played with condition. I think I have found a few of the sets that some of
the pieces have come from. like http://guide.lugnet.com/set/367,
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/351, http://guide.lugnet.com/set/360_1 there are
a bunch more that I couldn't figure out where the pieces were from.  I've
told my friend that the collection isn't worth a whole lot.  (not like
finding a Babe Ruth Rookie card because there are no MISB sets, no
instructions, all peices in played with condition) but that he has some
unique pieces that a collector might like. I've already said that if he
sells I want first dibs on the castle stuff (crusaders).  I've also compared
prices on brickbay but that is a long difficult task.  Especially with some
of the older pieces that may not be in the database (a few old gears).   But
I'm not an expert on lego value.  It seems like a hard task but is there a
way to get an aproximate value for him?

thanks

John