 Local / United States / Virginia / 153
152  |  154
Subject:
LEGO Display @Whistle Stop Hobbies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.va
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2007 22:59:09 GMT

Anyone interested that is not a member of WAMALUG or WAMALTC are welcome to join
us.

On May 1, 2007, Whistle Stop Hobbies (www.whistlestophob bies.com) ,
located at 130 South Royal St, in Alexandria, VA (703 549-4912),
celebrated their third anniversary. For those of you who are not
aware this shop is owned by Frank Kozuch and has a pretty good
selection of LEGO. Frank has joined with WAMALTC in doing several
events that have featured some great train layouts. Frank is also
frequently at the train shows in Timonium, MD and Manassas, VA as a
vendor.

Last week Frank asked about WAMALTC doing some kind of display in
the window of his store. In the past he has had large train display
including some LEGO trains that have been featured in the local
Alexandria paper. The original plan was to try a get together this
weekend.

Frank obtained three additional K-8 boxes from the LEGO Group. He
already had one K-8 that was used at the LEGO Lollapalooza for free
style building. Unfortunately, I have so many things going on that
I neglected to post the message until now in order to gage the
amount of interest in doing some kind of freestyle build at the
shop. Next weekend both WAMALTC and WAMALUG are scheduled to hold
their meetings at the same location, George Mason University.

I am proposing that some of us wonder over to the store and just
work on a large display using the approximate 40, 000 plus bricks in
the boxes. One of the ideas kicked around was a large cake and
maybe a train, or railroad crossing. Tony, when asked suggested
that the best option was to just do a free style build at the
location, rather than trying to design a display before hand. Any
and all input would be appreciated. This display may or may not be
completed in one day or even the weekend, and may be a work in
progress.

I know we all have a lot on our plates, but I think this is a
worthwhile project and an opportunity to showcase some of our work.
If you are interested and can participate next weekend or over the
following week, please respond by posting a reply with the dates and
times you are available.

This message is posted in both the WAMALTC and WAMALUG groups.