 Local / United States / New Jersey / *321 (-10)
Re: LEGOMASTER - SUMMER 2009
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.events
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 01:35:44 GMT

Pics from Sunday!

7. Conant Park, Hillside, NJ - August 16th, 2009.
KIDS KINGDOM
Conant Park, Hillside New Jersey - 08-16-09

Eric Sophie
Legomaster
Biomechanical Bricks

Re: Board to LIVE - Skate Board Art Show - Benefit Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nj
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 2009 20:56:38 GMT

In lugnet.events, Dave Sterling wrote:
   In lugnet.events, Eric Sophie wrote:
   Board to LIVE - Skate Board Art Show - Benefit for the March of Dimes.ÂÂ

During the month of June 2009 I worked with legendary local Tattoo Artist:ÂÂ
RULER to curate a Skate Board Art Show. The blank skate decks were donatedÂÂ
by 9 Lives Skate Shop. More than 30 Artists created Skate Board Art using aÂÂ
variety of methods.ÂÂ

Including meeeee, I used LEGO:ÂÂ

Forgive the level of quality in the photo!ÂÂ

I started with a blank deck and I began using 3L Technic Pins to attach aÂÂ
layer of plates to the board via the bolt holes for the skate trucks.ÂÂ

At first I was going to glue the plates to the board, but that would haveÂÂ
been so permanent, then I found the measurements between the mounting pointsÂÂ
lined up with plate distances. So I was able to do with out glue and justÂÂ
used technic pins and plates.ÂÂ

At first I used parts that I didn’t mind giving away, so the design wasÂÂ
admittedly a little limited.ÂÂ

The show was a success, I helped book bands and Hip-Hop acts, plus I installed all 38 Skate Boards.ÂÂ

Everyone did great!ÂÂ

Enjoy!ÂÂ

Eric SophieÂÂ
LegomasterÂÂ
Biomechanical BricksÂÂ

As a skateboarder myself, I have to say that this is (insert expletive here) awesome! Great work on this board Eric. Skateboard art has always been interesting to me and I almost feel like half my addiction to various ‘board sports’ was due to the amazing artwork that always found its way onto the bottom of boards. As a kid I even had the delusion I might someday create artwork worthy of the bottom of a board. You may have inspired me to at least give some thought to ‘LEGO-ing’ up the blank deck I have at home. :-) You have certainly created something amazing here that crosses genres and social circles and showcases LEGO to a whole new group of people. Way to go!

Stay fresh my friend...stay fresh...

-Dave

I messed up the Youtube.com video link!

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=939N7qn4Pa0

Thanks Dave!

There were many impressive decks at the show. Many of the Artists provided
amazing works. I felt pretty humble, then more and more people started
commenting and asking questions about the “LEGO Skate Board”.

Soon I realized it was a hit! I guess it was so different and unexpected.
People liked it more so than I did! I got a lot of interaction because of it.

I had to do a little builders trick to get the radar dishes (inverted) to
mount to the wheels using small antenna parts. This gave more of an
impression that the wheels were speakers.
But the wheels wouldn’t roll.

I wanted to do some sort of mossaic, but the surface area wasn’t all that
large. (kids junior sized board)

Funny thing, with only being attached by 4 technic 3L pins, while I was
removing the boards from the cable wall mount, all the LEGO on my board fell
off during break down. I wasn’t being careful and it smashed on the ground!

With a big gasp from some nearby people, I laughed a scooped it all in to a
bag. I then gave the blank board to one of my LEGO Students. ALL DONE!

Just memories now...

Thanks for the reply.

Eric

Re: Board to LIVE - Skate Board Art Show - Benefit Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nj
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:56:02 GMT

[...]

Subject:
Board to LIVE - Skate Board Art Show - Benefit Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nj
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 2009 19:29:38 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Board to LIVE - Skate Board Art Show - Benefit for the March of Dimes.

Brickshelf Gallery LINK

Abbey’s Too, Bayonne, New Jersey - 06-26-09

During the month of June 2009 I worked with legendary local Tattoo Artist:
RULER to curate a Skate Board Art Show. The blank skate decks were donated
by 9 Lives Skate Shop. More than 30 Artists created Skate Board Art using a
variety of methods.

Including meeeee, I used LEGO:

Forgive the level of quality in the photo!

I started with a blank deck and I began using 3L Technic Pins to attach a
layer of plates to the board via the bolt holes for the skate trucks.

At first I was going to glue the plates to the board, but that would have
been so permanent, then I found the measurements between the mounting points
lined up with plate distances. So I was able to do with out glue and just
used technic pins and plates.

The design is actually a BOOM-Box. It has an actual “tape cassette” in the
middle with faux buttons etc... (The wheels are supposed to be the speakers)

At first the trucks were a little skinny, then I switched to a fatter looking
truck set up by using these engine/rocket parts.

At first I used parts that I didn’t mind giving away, so the design was
admittedly a little limited.

The show was a success, I helped book bands and Hip-Hop acts, plus I installed all 38 Skate Boards.

Everyone did great!

Check out the video walk through on Youtube.com.

Enjoy!

Eric Sophie
Legomaster
Biomechanical Bricks

Re: LEGOMASTER - SUMMER 2009 - Show Pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.events
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 2009 07:42:20 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.nj, Eric Sophie wrote:
   In lugnet.events, Eric Sophie wrote:
   KIDS KINGDOM - THIS IS IT! Productions
Biomechanical Bricks - Eric Sophie

Summer 2009 LEGOMASTER EVENTS
Kids Kingdom - Public Building Area and Display
+ Additional Shows and Exhibits

Pics from this weekend!

3. Brooklyn, New York - July 11th, 2009.
MTM Street Fair

4. Mt. Caramel, Berkeley Heights, NJ - July 12th, 2009.
KIDS KINGDOM

More to follow...

Enjoy!

Eric Sophie
Legomaster
Biomechanical Bricks

LUGNET Member ~1051
Brickshelf Gallery
MOCpages Gallery

Re: LEGOMASTER - SUMMER 2009 - Show Pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.events
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2009 07:23:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.events, Eric Sophie wrote:
   KIDS KINGDOM - THIS IS IT! Productions
Biomechanical Bricks - Eric Sophie

Summer 2009 LEGOMASTER EVENTS
Kids Kingdom - Public Building Area and Display
+ Additional Shows and Exhibits

Pics from this weekend!

1. Cedar Brook Park, Plainfield, NJ - June 6th, 2009.
KIDS KINGDOM
Kids Kingdom Cedar Brook Park - June 6th 2009

2. Liberty State Park, Jersey City, NJ - June 7th, 2009.
Jersey City Cultural Festival - June 7th 2009

-snip-

More to follow...

Enjoy!

Eric Sophie
Legomaster
Biomechanical Bricks

LUGNET Member ~1051
Brickshelf Gallery
MOCpages Gallery

Subject:
LEGOMASTER - SUMMER 2009
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nj
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 2009 21:05:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

KIDS KINGDOM - THIS IS IT! Productions
Biomechanical Bricks - Eric Sophie

Summer 2009 LEGOMASTER EVENTS
Kids Kingdom - Public Building Area and Display
+ Additional Shows and Exhibits

1. Cedar Brook Park, Plainfield, NJ - June 6th, 2009.
KIDS KINGDOM
pics from Kids Kingdom - June 7th 2008

2. Liberty State Park, Jersey City, NJ - June 7th, 2009.
Jersey City Cultural Festival
pics from JC Cultural Festival 2005

3. Tentative Date - Brooklyn, New York - July 11th, 2009.
MTM Street Fair
NEW LOCATION

4. Mt. Caramel, Berkeley Heights, NJ - July 12th, 2009.
KIDS KINGDOM
NEW LOCATION

5. Storming-Robots - Branchburg, NJ - July 25th and August 1st, 2009.
Mechanical Building Class - Chassis with Differential Gears
pics from Mechanical Building Classes - Chassis

6. Storming-Robots - Branchburg, NJ - August 8th and August 15th, 2009.
Mechanical Building Class - End Effector
pics from Mechanical Building Classes - End Effector

7. Conant Park, Hillside, NJ - August 16th, 2009.
KIDS KINGDOM
NEW LOCATION

8. Nomahegan Park, Cranford, NJ - September 12th and 13th, 2009.
KIDS KINGDOM
pics from Kids Kingdom - September 15th 2007

9. Tentative Dates (two day event) for Edison, NJ - Sept. 2009.
Arts and Music Festival
NEW LOCATION

10. Jersey City Artist Studio Tour - October 3rd and 4th, 2009.
JCAT 2009 Newport Mall
pics from Jersey City Artist Tour 2008 - Canco Lofts

More to follow...

Hope to see you there!
...and if you are a LEGO Fan, and you would like display your creations
you are welcome to come!

Eric Sophie
Legomaster
Biomechanical Bricks

LUGNET Member ~1051
Brickshelf Gallery
MOCpages Gallery

Subject:
Earth Day @ Liberty State Park
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 04:03:30 GMT

Join us this Saturday April 18th, 2009 for the Legomaster Tent display and building area on
Earth Day @ Liberty State Park, Jersey City, New Jersey.

Last year in 2008, we had a great turn out, and this year we are supposed to have a nice day!

Come build the Earth!
Noon til 5pm.

Check out the gallery of photos from last year:

Stop by and say hello!

Eric Sophie
Legomaster
Biomechanical Bricks

Subject:
Engineers Week - Liberty Science Center - 2/16/09 & 2/21/09
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2009 23:51:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

PRESS: ENGINEERS WEEK 2009 STATEMENT

NY/NJ LEGO Fans - I was invited to showcase my Mecha designs at this year’s
Annual Engineer’s Week at the Liberty Science Center, Jersey City, New Jersey.

I would like to invite you too!

Easy access from the NJ Turnpike.

The event will feature workshops and demos by Storming Robots as well as a
host of First Lego League Teams like the super awesome Team Landroids!

I will provide hands on buiding activities with tons of LEGO.

Join us February 16th and 21st. 2009 at the Liberty Science Center!

Information Hyperlinks:

Engineers Week Web Site. (National site)
Storming Robots Photo Gallery
Team Landroids Event: 2/16/09
Team Landroids Event: 2/21/09
Team Landroids Event: 2008 E-week
Legomaster Brickshelf Gallery E-Week 2/18/08
Legomaster Brickshelf Gallery E-Week 2/23/08
Liberty Science Center Web Site

Come join us, feel free to bring your LEGO models!

Eric Sophie
Legomaster
Biomechanical Bricks

Subject:
NJ AFOL photography assignment request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nj.new, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2008 08:17:06 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Greetings New Jerseyans,
I have fallen in love with a couple of historic buildings in South Orange that I
would like to attempt to model out of LEGO bricks but have only been able to
find a few photos on the Internet and in books. Unfortunately I'm not going to
be able to travel to NJ anytime soon. Would any AFOLs in the Essex County area
be willing to take on a photo assignment (at their leisure) to produce several
detailed digital pictures for me? I don't want to reveal too much yet because it
will probably involve several PaB/Bricklink purchases so I kind of want to "lay
claim" to the subject matter ;)
(maybe I've already given it away...)
I'd be happy to renumerate you for your time (with bricks maybe?) and will
credit you when I finally post my finished MOC.
Please respond via e-mail.
Thanks!
--
Bill Toenjes