 Local / United States / Nebraska / 3
2  |  4
Subject:
Lego train club for the central midwest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ky, lugnet.loc.us.ar, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.ne, lugnet.loc.us.tn, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.ok
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 01:34:52 GMT

<-- snip -->

Someone needs to take charge and decide on a place to meet or this thread is
going nowhere.  I don't know what else we can do at this point.  Any
sugestions?

John Warren

I think you should just set a meeting time and see who shows up.  So many
clubs worry more about their name, bylaws, and other inconsequential stuff, to
forget the real purpose of their existance.

If you want to take the PNLTC as a model, we can have a Mid America club with
people getting together in our own localities and then doing shows together in
Kansas City, Saint Louis, Kentucky, etc.  I think the PNLTC now has around 30
members who correspond via email.  Since the distance between Portland and
Seattle is around 3 hours driving time, they probably don't get together every
weekend.

Count me in as a Kansas City member who would enjoy doing shows once or twice
a year.  I would also be able to drum up support from a handful of other
people in Kansas City who could lend trains, track, and custom buildings for
shows.

Build well,

Andreas Stabno
http://www.megsinet.net/~stabno/SimiLego.htm

Ok guys, here is the way that I see it...

We have two or three people from St. Louis who are interested.
We have a couple of people from Kansas City who are interested.
We have one or two people from Kentucky who are interested.

It seems like we have enough people to organize something, however, meeting at
one place in person is sort of out of the question at this point.  (however, if
we have enough interest now, I could be wrong).  I would tend to think that a
regional group based on interchangeable modules would be the only realistic way
that we could ever get anything off of the ground.  That way each city (??)
could work on its own thing, but yet we could still come together at shows and
other things of the sort.  I will be more than happy to provide a place to meet
that is centrally located, however, my home will not be done until late april
(weather permitting... hopeing for warm dry weather myself).  I will basically
have a entire basement to do with as I wish.  But comming together from such a
large area won't be too practical too many times a year.

I honestly don't know, I do know that I would like to see something happen.  I
don't want this to die out.  If other areas can do something of the sort, why
can't we here?  Anyways guys, let me know what you think.  We'll figure
something out!

Wayne