 Local / United States / North Carolina / * (-5)
Subject:
LEGO Store Coming to Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2009 18:14:49 GMT

I just read about this in the News & Observer today.  Looks like Raleigh is
getting a LEGO Store this summer!

http://www.newsobserver.com/business/story/1395642.html

Subject:
2009 LEGOPalooza at Morehead Planetarium
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2009 20:49:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

On Saturday January 31st and Sunday February 1st, NCLUG and NCLTC will exhibit
at the 5th annual LEGOPalooza at the Morehead Planetarium in Chapel Hill, North
Carolina.

This is a free event.  The event will run from 11-4 on Saturday and from 1-4 on
Sunday.  If you are in the area, please plan to stop by.  More details can be
found on the NCLUG web site at:  <http://www.nclug.us>

Show Flyer:
<http://www.nclug.us/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/the_5th_annual_legopalooza_v2.pdf>

Hope to see you there!

Mike

--
mike underscore walsh at mindspring dot com

Re: nclug website down?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2007 16:47:45 GMT

"Steve Farrell" <sjfarrell_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I tried connecting to http://www.nclug.cc/ and http://www.ncltc.cc/ for
several
days now, but I keep getting the following error:

----

[ ... snipped ... ]

Is it just that the site is down and no one has the time to fix it?  If
so,
where else can I get information about lego club events in the Raleigh
area?

Thanks for any help,

Steve

Both sites are back online now, sorry about that.

Best place to find information for NCLUG activities is to join the NCLUG
Yahoo Group:

There is a meeting next Saturday (Aug. 4) at Cameron Village library from
1-4.

Mike

--
Mike Walsh - mike underscore walsh at mindspring dot com

Subject:
nclug website down?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:28:59 GMT

I tried connecting to http://www.nclug.cc/ and http://www.ncltc.cc/ for several
days now, but I keep getting the following error:

----
Error establishing a database connection
This either means that the username and password information in your
wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at
mysql.northcomp.com. This could mean your host's database server is down.

Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?
If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If
you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.
----

Is it just that the site is down and no one has the time to fix it?  If so,
where else can I get information about lego club events in the Raleigh area?

Thanks for any help,

Steve

Re: Cyndi Bradham featured in Raleigh News & Observer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 07:01:56 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Felix Greco wrote:
In lugnet.mediawatch, Mike Walsh wrote:
Cyndi Bradham and her large Castle layout which was on display this past
weekend at LEGO Palooza in Chapel Hill, NC were featured in an article in
the Raleigh News and Observer:

I love the logic:  "What's the bid deal, I mean it could be heroin."  I'll have
to use that next time I'm justifying a big purchase ;)

Nice example of unbiased reporting.  He replies to your comment with an
"Oohhh-Kaaay."  So creating your own utopian world is somehow crazy?

It's pretty interesting how the off-the-cuff things you say are what ends up
being printed, while what you perceive as the actual interview does not. But any
press is good press, right?
C.

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact