 Local / United States / Indiana / 161
Re: New 4400 tub at PayLess too?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.in
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 00:42:41 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, David Gregory wrote:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Rick Meyer wrote:
In lugnet.market.shopping, David Gregory wrote:

Originally it looked like each Walgreens store only had 1 tray with 6 boxes
each, making the total 4562 count for the Lafayette area 12.  I bought 6, and
you bought 2.  That means that we AFOL's bought 67% of the 4562 stock.  Plus
that assumes that all of the other 4 were bought by kids or parents for kids.
And LEGO thinks we make up less that 5% of their market?
.

Hi David and Rick,
I'll save you the trip to Kokomo.  The Krogers there are LEGO-less and after
talking to the manager they are going to remain that way.  Same goes for the
Krogers here in Lebanon, Noblesville and Carmel.  The management in all these
stores had know idea of any LEGO coming theie way.  I checked the Sav-a-lots in
Lafayette yesterday (Thursday) and their management had no info on any 4400's
stating that although they are a Kroger affiliate they often have different
stuff.  So it turns out that North Central Indiana is not going to be in on the
4400's deal. Bummer!  i definitely call Crawfordsville before driving down there
if I were you.
I'm afraid that I must confess helping clean off the Lafayette Walgreens selves.
So it looks like the three of us are responsible for 100% of the purchases.  I'm
not sure that this can really be used as a measuring stick to determine the
overall AFOL purchasing percentages since it is a very small set (at an
extraordianry price) that we all got wind of via LUGnet.
Brian Darrow