 Local / United States / California / 89
88  |  90
Subject:
SCLTC opens at the Orange County Fair!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2005 16:12:55 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The Southern California LEGO Train Club’s first ever run at the at 2005 Orange County Fair begins today. SCLTC is providing four separate attractions consisting of two displays and two building events:
  • A train layout
  • A flag building record attempt event
  • An ISD building record attempt event
  • A static display
The train layout is the club’s largest any measure: footprint, table area, track length, and bricks! It features many of SCLTC’s most popular constructions, including the Art Deco Building, SCLTC Building, 384 stud long cable-stayed bridge, arch bridge, causeway, auto show room, farm, two inter-rail stations, automated light rail system, and many others. New attractions include a mountain top observatory, electronic sign, ocean front including cargo port, undersea view, and monorail, a skyscraper from our professional architect, cows run amok in the flower fields, and many more creations. Operation is 100% DCC with multiple automated reversing loops.

The flag building event begins at 10:00 on Friday July 15 and will attempt to set a Guinness World Records sanctioned record for the largest free standing United States flag built entirely of LEGO bricks. The flag will measure over 6 feet high and 12 feet long and contain approximately 200,000 bricks. Visitors are invited to help with construction.

The ISD building event will attempt to set a new speed mark for constructing a LEGO Imperial Star Destroyer starting from a sealed box and using a team of no more than 10 builders. Construction is scheduled for Saturday July 23.

The static display supports the 2005 fair theme, It’s Calling You Out to Play, and includes the Carousel from the 1998 Ultimate LEGO Creation Contest and the SCLTC display cart.

The Orange County Fair runs from July 8 through July 31 (closed Mondays) and is open 12:00 noon to 23:00 Tuesday through Thursday and 10:00 through 00:00 midnight Friday through Sunday.

For more information, see www.scltc.org.

- Ted Michon
SCLTC