 Local / United States / Arkansas / 18
Re: New LUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tn.mem, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ar, lugnet.loc.us.ms
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 20:21:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.bloc, James Jackson writes:
    How would you go about establishing a new L.U.G., particularly in a
more-localized region? Although I would like to start one in Memphis, I am not
sure that I could round-up enough "local boys" and "local gals" who'd be
interested.
  We had a loose group of people in Ohio.  Then a couple people just started
organizing events.  BrikWars was the event we used to start getting groups
together.  Although, the gather-at-Troy's-house-and-build-something-neat
sessions are doing well too.

  I suggest just trying to organize a get-together.  But, I'd caution not to
wait until everybody who is interested can make it.  You'll never resolve all
the schedules.  Just pick a time that a few people can definately make and get
started.  Other people will make other sessions.

    Good Luck,
     Gino A...