 Local / United Kingdom / England / * (-5)
Re: LUGs near cambridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk.en
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2007 23:07:57 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk.en, Joel Larsson wrote:
   Hi everyone! My name is Joel, and I currently live in sweden. I recently got my acceptance letter from Cambridge University, so now it seems very likely that I’ll be moving there in september. So basically, I’m wondering what LUGs there are near Cambridge, and if there are regular shows/conventions in England (or somewhere relatively close within the UK)

Cheers, Joel

Hi Joel,

Almost all British AFOL activities are organised through the Brickish Association so your best bet is to join that. There aren’t any regional LUGs in England or Wales (arguably Scotland has one) but there are regional LTCs I think.

Tim

Subject:
LUGs near cambridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk.en
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2007 22:53:04 GMT

Hi everyone!
My name is Joel, and I currently live in sweden.
I recently got my acceptance letter from Cambridge University, so now it seems
very likely that I'll be moving there in september.
So basically, I'm wondering what LUGs there are near Cambridge, and if there are
regular shows/conventions in England (or somewhere relatively close within the
UK)

Cheers, Joel

Re: BBC "Day in pictures"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk.en
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:45:15 GMT

PS. See http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2661277.stm for better images
PPS. It is Hirst, not Hurst

Re: BBC "Day in pictures"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk.en
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:42:21 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Hao-yang Wang wrote:
Go to the last picture of the day: "6 of 6: The finishing touches are added to
an art exhibition made entirely of Lego, on display in the British city of
Liverpool."

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/in_pictures/4159854.stm>

Does anybody in UK has more information on this art exhibition?

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang

That is from a series called 'Little Artists' made by a Mancunian artist pair (I
think) John Cake and Darren Neave. It recreates famous British modern art pieces
such as the shark by Damien Hurst and 'Everyone I have ever slept with' by Tracy
Emin.

Hope that help,

Tim

PS. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blast/art/profiles/artprofile_lartists.shtml

Subject:
BBC "Day in pictures"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk.en
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:20:03 GMT

Go to the last picture of the day: "6 of 6: The finishing touches are added to
an art exhibition made entirely of Lego, on display in the British city of
Liverpool."

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/in_pictures/4159854.stm>

Does anybody in UK has more information on this art exhibition?

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact