 Local / United Kingdom / 9590
9589  |  9591
Subject:
an invitation to Scotfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 2009 17:52:10 GMT

Everybody is welcome at Scotfest.

In case you haven't been before, Aberdour is in Fife, just over the Forth Bridge
from Edinburgh, and is not too far from Edinburgh Airport, its also has a
railway station on the east cast main line. It is a small seaside village.
People have come and made it a weekend holiday, bringing their family. The
village is interesting with castle & beaches and various walks. Some have
visited Edinburgh, last year some partners went on a boat trip to Inchcolme
Island to see the birds & Abbey.

Of course there is LEGO, we always have a "show & tell" which is very popular
where everybody has a chance to talk about what they have brought. There will
also be a few short games, a chance to chat and buy, sell and swap LEGO.

The event will take place in the Boat Club, which is in a fantastic location and
accommodation is available at local hotels & B&B's which have had very good
reviews from past AFOL's. I will post details of Hotels & B&B's, you may have to
book soon as it is the holiday season. The Forth View Hotel is always popular.

It would be on the Saturday starting at 10am, lunch would be provided and finish
at 5pm then we normally go out for a meal in the evening.

This years theme is Scotland, as it is the "Year of Homecoming" so you may want
bring along your LEGO kilts, haggis, shortbread, tartan (I shouldn't be giving
too many ideas).

David