 Local / United Kingdom / 7814
7813  |  7815
Subject:
LEGO Weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 23:43:27 GMT

OK guys, time to get your names down! Here's my plan for the weekend:

Itinerary

Friday 5 April - early arrivals

20:00 Dinner: TBA

Saturday 6 April - open house

08:00 Breakfast: fry-up :-)
13:00 Lunch: rolls and nibbles
17:00 Trip to the LEGO Shop at Bluewater - 20 minute drive
20:00 Dinner: lasagne; chicken curry

Sunday 7 April

06:30 Alarm call, tea, coffee, shower rota ;-)
07:30 Breakfast: another fry-up ;-)
08:30 Everybody out!!!
09:20 Meet at the Groups Entrance at LEGOLAND Windsor for everyone booked on
the Professional Model Making Session

...assume that between eating, we get to play with LEGO!!!

For those booked on the Sunday Model Making Session, I will give you your
RLD/LEGOLAND packs on the Saturday (if you're here), otherwise I'll catch
you at the park entrance. Don't worry if you don't have your pack at the
gate: just let them know who you are and they'll check you off :-)

You're all welcome to crash out on the floor here overnight, but please
remember to bring your sleeping bags (and pillows, inflatable mattresses,
camp beds, etc.). Please also bring a towel each if you're likely to want a
shower - we don't have enough to go round!

On the other hand, if you'd like a real bed to sleep on (sorry, A. N. Other
already nabbed our spare), a local hotel (The Mary Rose, Tel: 01689 871917)
has quoted the following rates including breakfast:

Single room, shared bathrooms: £25 or £30 depending on room type
Single room en suite: £40
Twin room, shared bathrooms: £45
Twin room en suite: £55

...the hotel will serve breakfast from 08:00 on the Sunday.

Directions to our place

By car: Come off the M25 at junction 4. Follow signs to Orpington on the
A224. At the first set of traffic lights (after about 2 miles), take a right
into Avalon Road, then the first left (after the fire station) into Gillmans
Road, then first right into Tintagel Road. We're at number 52 on the right
hand side. If it helps, punch in BR5 4LQ to your favourite map search...

By train: Orpington station is on the mainline from London Charing Cross /
Victoria / London Bridge. Give me a call on one of the numbers below, and
I'll collect you from the station.

Phone numbers are: 01689 873423 or 07720 646446 just in case.

That's all we can think of at the moment, so, please let us know when you
plan to get here and if you intend to hang around overnight (here or at the
hotel)...

Of course, if anyone is vegetarian or has other special dietary needs,
please let us know that too in advance!

This is probably as good a time as any to start putting out our 'wants' and
'offers' lists too. I'll put together the usual web page to collate all the
info...

See y'all soon.

Jono