 Local / United Kingdom / 6810
Re: new train prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 14:01:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Scott Arthur writes:
Thanks for pointing these out. The caboose & hopper are a bit on the ugly
side, but the other three look good. I think the passenger car will go quite
well with the “My own train”… if you have a green one! The tanker is a
little too plain.

What does everyone else think?

Log carrier / Open Freight
http://shop.lego.com/images/products/TYPE10/set384x288us010013.jpg

So, Huw's timber wagon 'inspired the Lego designers to create this' did
they?  Not bad - I could use one of those blue clips to hold the whistle on
my Caledonian 0-4-0 actually.  Anyone know if any other sets have them in?

Caboose:
http://shop.lego.com/images/products/TYPE10/set384x288us010014.jpg

Parts anyone?  Can't see huge Caboose sales in the UK.

Carriage
http://shop.lego.com/images/products/TYPE10/set384x288us010014.jpg
I think you mean:
http://shop.lego.com/images/products/TYPE10/set384x288us010015.jpg

This looks quite small from the picture, but maybe it's just the scale.  I
was hoping for selectable-colour carriages, but this one's a bit
disappointing.  Maybe the green windows are going to appeal to some, but not me.

Tanker
http://shop.lego.com/images/products/TYPE10/set384x288us010016.jpg

Quite wide, and a bit plain.  Could be interesting.

Hopper
http://shop.lego.com/images/products/TYPE10/set384x288us010017.jpg

Now, I disagree with Scott.  I actually like this one.  I could see myself
buying a few of these.

Odd that the hopper car only has 2x2 slopes along the top, not 2x4 or 2x8.
Maybe that's to do with simplifying the inventory to keep the price down?
If Lawrence's guess at the price is correct, I can see myself buying a few
hopper cars.  But, all my wagons are MOCs.

These wagons are a lot better than the previous primary-coloured box cars
and palette flatbeds Lego are so fond of, and deserve to sell really well.
Just not to me... unless I can find a good British steam-era alternate to
make with any of them.  I guess it's hard to make a train that looks good
for every country you're selling it in.  But, things are looking up.

Hopefully some kids or parents are going to spot these and get into trains.

Jason J Railton