 Local / Norge / Troms / Tromoø / 8
7  |  9
Subject:
Gamle Fokus Kino i Tromø blir bygget om til bibliotek
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.no.tr.tro, lugnet.loc.no
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:58:55 GMT

"Kevin Heckel" <saltczar@msn.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Øyvind Steinnes wrote:
And I want to build a model of a building from my hometown that also • have a
strange formed roof.
You can see some picture of it here:
<http://gallery.wert.no/album76/2004_06_30_0022>
Here you see only the roof. The building was earlier containing a cinema • and
the walls was round and made of concret.
The new building will use the old roof, and the walls will have the same
form but this time it will be made of mostly glass and steel in the same
style as the building you see in the background on that picture.

Well, I just sat me down and started building from the ground up, only using
the picture above as a guideline. But I'm not too happy with the result. You
can see a preview here :
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Fokus/fokus_0000.jpg

More pictures will be here after moderation:

But another picture that I just have to show is the stair:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Fokus/fokus_0007.jpg
I saw that idea for a stair on Brickshelf somewhere, but don't know who to
thanking for the idea.

Another picture:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Fokus/fokus_0014.jpg
The top was ment to be able to take off after finished, but it was not solid
enough to be lifted. And this happened :)
Built it stronger second time, but missed a bit of the arc and it is now a
bit to pointy... or what you call it... not round enough. So I will try
again modifying this. But that would have to wait until next year....
luckily that is not SO far in the future :)

Another error is the four "legs" in each corner is to big in my model. They
ar much thinner in reality. They actually looks so thin that you may wonder
what is keeping the roof standing at all. I also had to put in some columns
inside the model. I could not make it stand for it self. And I could not
find any way to build "round" walls that could bear the weight of the roof
with the amount of bricks I have. But the new library will have some columns
inside like my model so that is not so wrong anyway.

I'm thinking of doing something similar. At my local LEGO Outlet Store, I • bought
a couple bags of blue <http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2420 2x2 corner • plates>,
and now I have hundreds! But how should I use them...?

Kevin

2x2 corner plates would have been good in HUGE amounts for making this
building, yes :)

I don't have so much bricks, so the colorcheme was a "bit" off on my model
;)
On the preview picture it looks white and grey, but it is actually red in
bottom, white in the midle and grey on top. That is because I ran out of
bricks all of those colors. Maybe I have to take apart the "Statue of
Liberty"? Since the roof of the new building they are making will have
copper plating on the rooftop. Not sure yet since they have not come so far
in the prosess. But that green color would look like old copper.
The "Statue of Liberty" set is also on sale here in my town, so maybe I buy
a few more of those sets and make an larger model in the future....

Lots of ideas, short of time...

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix