 Local / Nippon / 32
Re: Japanese encoding test 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.jp
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:27:49 GMT

Second test (JIS):

?????????

--

Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson <tinman@direct.ca> wrote in message
news:Fou27y.8rw@lugnet.com...
Please excuse me, I'm attempting to figure out what Japanese encoding
methods Lugnet will allow.

?????????

(Shift-JIS)

--

Paul Davidson

Re: Japanese encoding test 3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.jp
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:33:35 GMT

3rd try:

?????????

???  ???????

Re: Japanese encoding test 4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.jp
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:37:25 GMT

????????????

Subject:
conclusion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.jp
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:39:04 GMT

Lugnet seems to have serious problems with non-latin encoding -- I'm not
even using 8-bit encoding methods.  Maybe Todd can look into it?

--

Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson <tinman@direct.ca> wrote in message