 Local / Zhong Guo / 5
Re: Is there any Lego Penetration in China?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.cn, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 03:20:12 GMT

There are many big shops sell LEGO products including RIS1.5 and many Technic
sets, for example 8462, even 8479 before February this year in Shanghai. You
can find the prices of some sets in my page
http://go.163.com/~legozang/bricks.html

Zhengrong

In lugnet.loc.cn, Scott Javoroski writes:
In lugnet.loc.cn, Jamie Obrien writes:
Has TLG ever made any attempt to go into China? Locally Bundaberg has been
looking at exporting Primary Industry Products direct (mainly to the Free
Trade Zones in the south) but it seems to be a pretty big success, so i'd
guess with something like Lego there would be a massive opportunity awaiting.
The only down side is the one child policy, but this could also work in TLGs
favour as Parents tend to do whatever they can for their children.

Has/Is anybody dealing with people in China At the moment?

Cheerio
JamieO

I'm not sure about companies getting the LEGO into China, I did see quite a • bit
of it in Hong Kong however, and while I never saw LEGO(tm) per se, I did see
children playing with blocks that very well could have been LEGO in Shanghai.
There are still issues between PRC and Hong Kong SAR, but I would think that
over the next few years, barring a war with Taiwan, China would open up more
towards imports.