 Local / Brunei / 15
Re: lugnet.<theme> ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.bn, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 14:08:51 GMT

In lugnet.loc.bn, Simon H. Young writes:
[...]
I notice that there is a lugnet.starwars group, but other than that,
there aren't any other group concentrating specifically on a subtheme.
Isn't there enough traffic to justify the following:
lugnet.town
lugnet.space
lugnet.castle
lugnet.rail
etc...

Of course, you could have lugnet.<theme>.<subtheme> for example:
lugnet.town.extreme
lugnet.town.divers
lugnet.town.rescue
etc.

or

lugnet.space.classic
lugnet.space.futron
lugnet.space.mtron
ad infinitum...

What do you think?

Simon,
Here's a thread from March on a similar subject --

   http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=1193&t=i&v=b

Basically, the plan is to have a lugnet.lego.* sub-tree of the newsgroup
hierarchy, starting with all of the programmes and systems, and possibly
someday (if appropriate) branching down into individual themes.  Most likely,
the granularity will only ever go down to systems (space, castle, western,
etc.) in terms of newsgroups, and thematic sub-categories for the web pages.

--Todd