 Local / Australia / Queensland / Brisbane / 408
407  |  409
Subject:
Brisbane Lego Train Group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2008 07:08:18 GMT

Brisbane Lego Train Group

I’ve been asked by the members of the Brisbane Lego Train Group to make regular
reports on our activities on Lugnet, as was done previously, many years ago. So
in response I submit the following report.

On Sunday 18th May, the Train group meet for its regular bi-monthly meeting, at
the clubhouse situated at the Ipswich Workshops Rail Museum. We were asked by
the club to have everything operational and set-up for the Society of Engineers
who had a day out visiting the museum, and viewing our layout was to be part of
their itinerary.

Although not completely set-up, we were able to have sections of the layout on
display and trains running, I think the engineers left impressed. No doubt we
will be seeing some Lego influences appearing in future engineering designs,
especially if their kids have any say in it!

We had a good turnout of members and a welcome appearance to David Parkin who
was also able to attend. David ran his Blue A7 steamer and quickly discovered
the QLD loading gauge was a bit different to the NSW loading gauge, a classic
case of history repeating itself. This though was not a major dilemma as moving
mountains in not an impossibility when it comes to Lego landscapes. We welcome
you to the club David and look forward to many enjoyable years of involvement.

Neil & Geordie started their preliminary work on a coal mine and coal loader
diorama they wish to build, this is a big project and with the assistance of
Mark, and his 100’s of burps, a plan was in the making, watch this space. Mark
also continued on with the task of painting the club room which is much
appreciated by all the club members, good job Mark.

There was some discussion about upcoming events in the Brisbane region and the
2009 Australian Model Railway Convention, some details of which can be found
here.

http://www.theworkshops.qm.qld.gov.au/exhibitions/events/amrc.asp,

We will be having a display set-up at the convention and I’ll pass on more
details when they come to hand. Our next Lego display, which will be in
September, is currently being organised by Ken and Colin, the Lego groups show
co-ordinators.

The Lego Train layout at the Ipswich Workshops Rail Museum is still in the
setting up stage, but we can run trains and a monorail. It is a work in progress
and probably will be for a few more months and possibly longer, as is the case
when train layouts that are set-up permanently in a clubhouse. So if you’re
interested to have a look at the work in progress then your quite welcome to
visit. Our next meeting will be on Saturday 7th of June. If you would like to
attend we are usually set-up for viewing by 10.30 am and finish by about 3.30pm.
Email me for details if needed.

That’s all for this months report, I’ll attepmt to post a report each month on
the latest activities from Brisbane Lego Train Group, IHMRC

Gary
Group Leader
Brisbane Lego Train Group
IHMRC