 Local / Australia / 9778
9777  |  9779
Subject:
The end of the Snottler (and contemplation on the size of the ISD)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 01:11:30 GMT

As of last night, the HMLS Snottler IV is no more. No two pieces of the once
mighty ship remained joined together as they were in the Snottler.

Being somewhat obsessive, I counted all the pieces I'd used. The final total
(excluding the helicopter & crew, but including the ship's crew) was 2,581
pieces.

That piece count makes the Imperial Star Destroyer seem even more impressive
to me... I'd been forced to use smaller plates than were needed (eg 2 4x6's
rather than 8x6's etc), but the ISD designers wouldn't have had to. That ISD
is going to be one subtstantial model.

Cheers

Richie