 Local / Australia / 966
965  |  967
Subject:
Other AFOL's in Australia who haven't posted/don't know if on-lin e
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 01:56:32 GMT

I thought we should try and make an effort to bring other AFOL's who don't
know about lugnet into the lugnet fold. I am therefore asking those amongst
us who know of other AFOL's around the country to either post details about
these people [name, collection info, suburb/town] so those near them may
attempt to inform them of our community and get their involvement, or in the
hope that these people are actually lurking, and that this may give them a
prod towards de-lurking.

I'll lead this off with details of 2 collectors that may not be widely
known. [I'll scan the sources of this information too,  if people would like
to see them.]

1)
Name: Tom Lucieer
Gender: Male
Location: 37 Jubilee Avenue, Angaston, SA [Barossa Valley]
E-mail Address: Unknown as to whether he has internet access
LEGO/home page URL(s): Unknown
Occupation:  Retired Australian National Railway worker

Collection Details: "A visit to one of Australia's largest private LEGO
collections [...] The LEGO collection, [...] Includes almost all models
produced by LEGO, with some made as early as 1959. [...] The majority of
Tom's LEGO has been purchased locally from the community store in
Nuriootpa."
"Open 10 am until 5 pm 7 days a week, excluding Christmas and New Years
Days, or by appointment. A phone call [08 8564 2714] will ensure that the
collection is open when you visit. Look for the sign at the house and ring
the door bell. Admission: gold coin per person for St Johns Ambulance."

Current LEGO Project: Unknown
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: "As seen on Getaway, Channel 9"

[Information Source]
Pamphlete produced by Angaston Main Street Comitee and The Community Store,
Murray Street, Nuriootpa

2)
Name: Stok Family
Gender: Entire Family
Location: Hamlyn Heights, Geelong, Vic
E-mail Address: Unknown as to whether they have internet access
LEGO/home page URL(s): Unknown
Occupation:  Mixed

Collection Details: LARGE...VERY LARGE [I'll get set info from the photo
worked out soon]
Current LEGO Project: Apparently they build all the sets up over 5 days,
look at it (?) and then dismantle it, returning sets to their original
boxes. This happens once a year
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Appeared on Channel 7 nationally, TV3 in NZ,
and were filmed by the BBC for  a segment as part of the 'NEWSROUND' show.

[Information Source]
An article in the Geelong Advertiser (? I know it was a Geelong paper,
anyway..date unknown, but about 1-2 months ago, I think)

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)