 Local / Australia / 8952
8951  |  8953
Subject:
Port Block Yards Security Forces (was Re: BrikWars final organisations)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 06:18:08 GMT

The Port Block Yards Security Forces are sending a 24 strong contingent -
Captain John E Ball (erstwhile in command of HES Supply in Sector 62), the
venerable Tiberius Flint and team (459 points).

The Yards are also sending a reconditioned Republic Gunship to transport the
contingent to the surface (499 points).

For those interested in scoring their armies, I have hosted a copy of the
calcs I used to get there (based heavily on one James posted eons ago -
thanks James).

  http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/statsheet.xls

I have probably got the calcs wrong, and would be happy to be corrected :-)

The Lightsabres, Impact Pistols, Gyro Rifles and Seige Rifles are more or
less standard.  The Gyro Rifles are equipped with a cermonial
cutlass/bayonet fixture, and I haven't worked out what to pay for them yet,
but there's plenty of slack under 500 to spend yet :-)

The Thick skin is the Port Block Yards variation on Imperial Stormtrooper
Armour.  PBY pinches good stuff from all manner of other cultures and
organisations, and the Empire does good armour.

There are some judgement calls in scoring the Gunship.  I have settled in
ship class 16 (instead of 28 that would have been indicated by the chassis
size ~275).  Class 16 is supposed to be bombers and passenger jets, and the
gunship would seem to be at the small end of that scale.  16 instead of 28
means the ship is slightly faster, less heavily armoured, less powerful, and
less expensive.  It also means that by carrying less than a full complement
of missiles, and carrying lighter missiles, I can scrape under the 500 point
limit including all weapons and the 4 man crew.

I am entirely open to her not playing, but she *is* gorgeous :-)

I recognise that the ship also carries two heavy launchers for the missiles
- I accounted for this by increasing the range of the missiles a little.
This should also make the missiles cheaper, but I left the cost the same to
pay for the launchers.

Looking forward to catching up next weekend...

Richard
Still baldly going...