 Local / Australia / 7727
Re: Aussie train org?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 12:59:08 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, Ross Crawford writes:
Hi all,
I know this's been discussed before, but nothing really came of it. There were
rumours that something along these lines (no pun intended) was discussed at >the last Sydney fest, and I know there's at least a couple of Melbourne people
interested in train stuff (which probably isn't enough for an org, especially
since one of them is busy building a (non-Lego) house).
So who would be interested? Do we want to look at setting up a mailing list or
something? Is there one already?

Given most of us hang out here, unless there's any (local) objections LUGnet
is a good place to post info. Even so, a mailing list probably should be
organised. But there's no reason to keep it to just the trainheads. A lot of
what would go into a display is general scenery, which everyone could help with.

Who's into what kind of stuff? I've got some track, and some locos & rolling
stock, but I don't have much in the way of scenery / buildings etc.

I have old 12v stuff, some stock and could do some scenery.

It'd be good to get some solid plans together if we wanna do something with
this. Any takers?

After not being able to find this info I've finally got my hands on it. I'll
ring tommorrow and find out how much $, how much space, how much time beofre
deadlines etc.
Taken from the "diary" at the Australian model railway magazine site. If
anyone has a better time/place/date please chime in!!

MARSFIELD - NSW. June 8-10, 2002 at the Epping Boys High School, Cnr Epping
Rd & Vimera Rd, Marsfield. Open 10am-5pm (Sat/Sun/Mon). Admission $8/$4/$20.
Organised by the Epping Model Railway Club Inc. Enquiries: Alan Tarrant (02)
4365 5046.

After a date/time the things we need in order are.

1. People. Firm commitments of time and possibly even money (hopefully
mostly recoverable from doing shows). Even from the non-trainheads to cover
manning the display, building buildings and keeping the rest of us keen and
supported.

2. Tables. Either bought or built special, this probably will require an
investement of some money. On the flip side if you can store a table you can
use it the rest of the time. It'd be good to have some standard (ie all
built to same spec or all bought same).

3. A track plan. Given space allocated by show and restictions placed by
table purchases a plan would be drawn up taking into account who wants to
contribute what sort of stuff.

4. Greenery (and roofs and window/doors). There's been a lack of useful
natural plant stuff in recent sets, not good for building a layout. Perhaps
Lego Australia could be approached at this point for either a donation or to
supply (for puchase) what is required.

I think these were the steps outlined at STUDfest X. Refresh me if I'm wrong.

But overall. I'm keen.

James (who's in training for a display already).