 Local / Australia / 6567
Re: Battlespace update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 19:44:36 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Zac Soden writes:
My CT4 Timberand class freighter has been addedto the vehicles section.
[snip]
Comments and feedback wanted, esp. on the Timberand.

It looks like a solid piece of machinery! Nice design (reminiscent of James
Howse's Sword of Alexander dropship).

I like the handlebars in the cockpit - a nice change from plain computer
panels, levers, or even steering wheels - and the way they've been
integrated into the control panels.

I do feel sorry for R2, though. :-)

Cheers

Richie Dulin
Patrician of Brick-Morpork

Hi Richie,
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you like it; is there anywhere that I can
see James' dropship?

Steering mechanisms on larger vessels are wierd. Imean an auto pilot could
do it but then the pilot also needs to have control with full
manouvreability. I considered using joysticks buy they just didn't fit the
part. The handlebars turned out good as they hinge with the pantls above.

I couldn't really find any other use for little R2 and he looks quite good
as a computer access dome!

thanks,

ZaC Soden
---------