 Local / Australia / 594
Re: Great news!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2000 11:30:59 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:

Great news for all Lego fans in Australia, from Mark Harrison:

I spoke to the Lego Rep for Qld today. She informed me that Lego has done • an
about face regarding the new Soccer theme. Her order sheets for this theme • at
the beginning of the year showed only one set, 3409. Her latest order sheet • now
shows all the sets that appear in the 2000 catalog. She also said that Lego
Australia is going to subsidise the cost to reduce the price on many of the • sets
in this theme. One example she gave was the 3409 had an original RRP of • about
$119, it will now be offered for a price in the $60's range. I asked her • which
Team bus set would be released and she said all of them.

If this is true, I think it will be a coup for Australia. It also occured • to me
that this change of heart may have something to do with the upcoming • Olympics
but the rep would not comment about this.

So something to look forward to.

I'll be interested to see what the Toyworld and Toy Kingdom stores do with
that RRP for the 3409, I'm going to remember that $60 price.

We're getting all the soccer sets!!! Woohoo!!!

LA might actually have listened to us!!! ESPECIALLY LOUD WOOHOO!!!!
;-)

Now to get on my soapbox........

Maybe all you Australians can contact Todd and tell him what a great
asset I am to the Loc.Au newsgroup. He felt he was looking after your • interests
in stopping Australia Auctions "spam" (his word not mine) on the loc.au
newsgroup when a number of you requested I send the annoucements there.

Gagging

Mark H.

You certainly are, Mark, if this Soccer sets news is anything to go by, and
yes, I am dissatisfied with having to wade through .market.b/s/t and
.market.auction for Australian posts. High int'l shipping costs to Aus means
a lot of us down here prefer to look locally for sets/parts, and especially
because of that I would very much like Australian auction/BST posts in this
group to be regarded as on-topic.
However, that probably wouldn't work well for the much-larger American
groups, and if exceptions are made for different groups I don't know what
the ramifications are.... only Todd can be the judge of that, love him or
hate him, he's the one with the experience of running this show.

I'll second the request to allow Mark to make these posts in .loc.au. I am
personally tired of responding to trade/sale/auction posts and being informed
they are only open to US bidders [same with ebay auctions]. What we really
need is a .loc.au.market or .loc.au.tradingpost. This would allow us to have
our sales/trades insulated from the rest of the world, helping us keep lego in
Aus, and our prices down.

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164