 Local / Australia / 4640
Re: 3033 "Bulk" Tub at K-Mart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 01:13:52 GMT

"Peter White" <aztekium@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:G9JKt0.4sE@lugnet.com...

Were there any Korean tag lines on the bucket ?
Now that the US will not be moulding, they will have to come from • somewhere.

Switzerland, I think. Although the "Made In" blurb sort of mentioned Billund
as well, I can't remember exactly. It's possible I didn't read it enough -
maybe the tub itself or even just the label came from Switzerland, I'm not
sure.

You could always ebay them in colour coded lots like Mike did and turn a
profit. When is the next Kmart sale ?

Whew! If this one went discount I'd be seriously designing projects to use
those brick colours up. I'd also be seriously surprised - after all, it's a
generic tub almost certainly intended to be perennial.

The price per piece is only slightly better than, say, a 4229 from Big W,
but the brick size distribution is possibly rather better. Anyone know • where
a brick inventory of 3033 is?

I have seen one, but can't remember where.

It's alright, I found one (LUGNET search is back). Not really as impressive
as I'd been led to believe, still tons of 1x2s compared to a paltry few
1x8s. A lot of 1x4s, though, and they're reasonably versatile. I'd still
love to know how they arrived at this distribution of bricks when designing
the set.

Qty Color Bag PartID Name
40 white 8 3005 Brick  1 x  1
60 white A 3004 Brick  1 x  2
12 white 6 3622 Brick  1 x  3
40 white 1 3010 Brick  1 x  4
8 white 7 3009 Brick  1 x  6
4 white 8 3008 Brick  1 x  8
40 white 1 3003 Brick  2 x  2
12 white 8 3002 Brick  2 x  3
24 white A 3001 Brick  2 x  4
4 white 8 2456 Brick  2 x  6
40 blue 9 3005 Brick  1 x  1
60 blue 5 3004 Brick  1 x  2
12 blue A 3622 Brick  1 x  3
40 blue 6 3010 Brick  1 x  4
8 blue 2 3009 Brick  1 x  6
4 blue 9 3008 Brick  1 x  8
40 blue A 3003 Brick  2 x  2
12 blue 9 3002 Brick  2 x  3
24 blue 5 3001 Brick  2 x  4
4 blue 9 2456 Brick  2 x  6
40 red 8 3005 Brick  1 x  1
60 red 3 3004 Brick  1 x  2
12 red 5 3622 Brick  1 x  3
40 red 4 3010 Brick  1 x  4
8 red 2 3009 Brick  1 x  6
4 red 8 3008 Brick  1 x  8
40 red 5 3003 Brick  2 x  2
12 red 8 3002 Brick  2 x  3
24 red 3 3001 Brick  2 x  4
4 red 8 2456 Brick  2 x  6
40 yellow 9 3005 Brick  1 x  1
60 yellow 4 3004 Brick  1 x  2
12 yellow 3 3622 Brick  1 x  3
40 yellow 2 3010 Brick  1 x  4
8 yellow 1 3009 Brick  1 x  6
4 yellow 9 3008 Brick  1 x  8
40 yellow 3 3003 Brick  2 x  2
12 yellow 9 3002 Brick  2 x  3
24 yellow 1 3001 Brick  2 x  4
4 yellow 9 2456 Brick  2 x  6
20 black 7 3005 Brick  1 x  1
28 black 6 3004 Brick  1 x  2
8 black 4 3622 Brick  1 x  3
24 black 7 3010 Brick  1 x  4
20 black 7 3003 Brick  2 x  2
8 black 6 3002 Brick  2 x  3
12 black 4 3001 Brick  2 x  4
12 green 7 3005 Brick  1 x  1
28 green 2 3004 Brick  1 x  2
4 green 2 3622 Brick  1 x  3
20 green 7 3010 Brick  1 x  4
20 green 6 3003 Brick  2 x  2
8 green 2 3002 Brick  2 x  3
12 green 2 3001 Brick  2 x  4

pete.w (who upon examining the 'raw meat' bricks colour, thinks Paul.B may
need his refrigerator serviced)

You may be right... perhaps we should consult a pack of Derwent coloured
pencils? That's sure to have a similar colour with a good-sounding name.

--
Cheers,
Paul