 Local / Australia / 4221
4220  |  4222
Subject:
LegO'Z 2001.BUGS.03
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:30:39 GMT

On Sunday, the third meeting for BUGS was held. The theme of the day was
town/city, and all brought along a building or two, some vehicles or a
couple of trains.

In attendance were our host Gary Quinlan, Kerry Raymond, Mark Harrison,
Melody Brown, Peter Parsons, Aaron Coghill, Ken Wilson, newcomers Daniel
Byron, Ben Parsons, and Callum Quinlan.

Several comments about the bridge I brought along, (it was bigger than the
32x32 limit set) by all were impressed with its size (1565 pieces). Also
raising eyebrows was Melody's Residential Unit Block, Kerry's church and her
Officeworks buildings. It wasn't long before I had fire fighters and flames
covering the Officeworks building. Also on display were Aaron's Mech unit,
climbing wall, world Truck, Marks "carpet Train", Peters 2001 space sets.

Melody presented us with the first issue of the "The Lego Bug Report" which
contained the report from last meeting, an article on BrickBay, Release
dates, top five lists, set reviews and a puzzle. great JOB Mel.

Melody's boss recently went to Legoland California, and brought back a few
goodies for her, which she proudly showed off to us. Also we browsed through
the Mania mag and the Shop@home catalogues.

Although we didn't have the correct plugins for the computer a couple of
Lego Videos from the internet were displayed, and we were all impressed.

A simple BBQ was lunch for us and whilst chowing down discussions turned to
some .off topic issues.
Also decided were BUG names and they are as follows;
Aaron - "Fire" Bug
Kerry - "Code" Bug
Melody - "Lady" Bug
Gary - "Town" Bug
Ken - "Train" Bug
Peter - "Space" Bug
Callum - "Game" Bug

Now a tradition, all trading occurs after lunch. Although little was traded,
most walked away happy. As Callum walkout from the house opening a small
set, someone asked where did he get it from?  His reply - "I brought it off
dad, half price". Those around thought it to be the best words of the day.

As the afternoon became night we started to leave one-by-one. On the drive
home Daniel noted that he was amazed at our passion of conversations about
Lego.

Our next meeting? in late February, catch you there.

Aaron Coghill
Fire Bug

Visit the our website for more news and pics
BUGS - Brisbane & Regional Lego User Group
http://www.geocities.com/bugs_aust