 Local / Australia / 4049
4048  |  4050
Subject:
LegOz 2000.VIC.FINAL?? (was: Final LegOz for the year [VIC anyway])
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:14:54 GMT

Well, the last MUGS get-together for 2000 happened, pretty much as planned, at
Bens place on Saturday. Present were Ben & Mandy, Paul Baulch, Martin Scragg,
and myself. We were hoping for a couple of others, but it's a bad time of
year...

Anyway, we all decided a BBQ would be great, so we hopped in the Brick-mobile,
and headed down to Broaddie (Broadmeadows for non-MUGS) to get the necessary
ingredients. While we were there, we decided we might as well check out the toy
stores...well actually we decided that before we left!

So food took a back-seat to Lego, and some was bought, though don't ask me
what, because none of it was technic...

Heading back, we fired up the barby, and talked about all kinds of neat stuff
while the food cooked - trades, brikwars, you know the stuff.

Then after consuming said food, we got down to business - lots of trading was
done, the details are a bit blurry, but I noticed my wallet was considerably
lighter afterwards...

Then we started discussing brikwars, and the up-coming Studfest VII, and how we
could put up a fight against the STUDS & BUGS. Realising we had limited access
to pirates, we figured out a really neat idea for tricking the STUDS into
relaxing the theme a bit. One of us would post the suggestion to Lugnet, get
appropriate support from the others, and the STUDS would obviously give in.
Worked a treat...

This is also about the time the idea for the troop shuttle was born. You guys
haven't got a chance!!

Then after working out who had actually traded what for what, we all packed up
& went home. Except Ben & Mandy, who were already there.

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
G'day all,

Just thought I'd let everyone know about the change in venue/date for the
next Vic LegOz: