 Local / Australia / 3051
3050  |  3052
Subject:
Studfest 2000: Part the Fifth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 07:15:50 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Just summarising the last two month's posts:

Studfest 2000: Part the Fifth will be on Sunday the 15th of October (Put it in
your diary now ;-)

It will start 12ish, and finish around 6pm, or when we get chucked out of
the venue, whichever is the later.

We don't know where it will be yet.

There will be TL3 BrikWars with James Howse as Gamemaster, rules below.

Is there any other themeing you want to do?  Soccer?  Technic Cars?  Star
Wars?  Aircraft?  I would suggest picking one to help people work out what to
bring along...

And let's *all* remember our cameras this time :-)

To catch up on pervious Studfests, visit
http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/stud/

Richard
Still baldly going...

TL3 BrikWars (with thanks to James)
   16 years after the revolution that killed the reigning monarch, a
   village boy has been identified as heir, apparently. You (as one
   of the schemeing coutiers) have dispatched a force to snatch the
   "king" from the village to futher your political plots.

   Up to four players field 300 points of TL3 army. 1 commander per
   army and other troop ratios apply (see rules for details). No
   magic, no restrictions on numbers of horses.

   The gamemaster will have some local militia, peasant farmery
   types and 5 king-candidates. To discover which of the
   king-candidates is the King, you will require 1 turn of
   questioning by a hero (or your commander).

   You must delare to the gamemaster your political affiliation
   before battle commences. If you are a Monarchist you can score 75
   points by taking the King off the field of play. If you are a
   Republican you can't score this bonus, you can however kill the
   King (very handy if someone else is about to snatch him.) You
   cannot change your affiliation partway through the game.

   There will be four special locations.
   A chapel, this will act as a sick bay with attendent medics.
   A forge, this will act as a repair bay with attendent mechanics.
   A barracks, control of this means control of the militia.
   A Town Hall, control of this means control of the pesants.

   The game ends when
   Someone takes the king out of the playing area (75pts)
   Someone becomes the last player alive (50 pts)
   Someone controls all four special locations (10pts per at end)
   12 turns have elapsed

   The points scored may or may not be carried over to the next
   game, depending on how this all goes.

   We have a barracks, and an offer on the chapel. We need a Town
   Hall and a forge, plus anything else you think might make for
   good scenery.