 Local / Australia / 14308
14307  |  14309
Subject:
Ipswich Model Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:28:22 GMT

Just to let those interested know that the Brisbane Lego Train Group, (BLTG)
will have a display at the Ipswich Model Train Show on the weekend, 27th & 28th
October.

link

http://www.theworkshops.qm.qld.gov.au/exhibitions/events/model_railway_show.asp

This is the third consecutive year we will have a display at the Ipswich Model
railway Show. The modular layout system we will be displaying will be made up 7
individual modules belonging to individual members. Overall the layout will be
over 14m long and 2m wide, everything is made of Lego, apart from the tables
themselves of course, we have not yet figured out how to make a table out of
Lego that is strong enough to hold up a module.

This will be one of the biggest Lego Train Displays we have done so far this
year. There will be 4 running tracks and a monorail operating at all times,
giving a total of over 80m of running track. Double heading loco's will be
common, including some very loooong goods train and high speed passenger trains.
We will also be showing off some QR Locos, models that are currently running on
QR tracks. Two new highlights on the 2007 layout will be Harrison Heights, a
burp mountain with a multitude of tunnels and its own mountain railway and also
Wilson’s Beach, a Lego beach side resort with all the fun of summer. There will
also be video camera mounted in one of the Lego Locos giving a train drivers
minifigs perspective of rolling through Legoville.

Gates open 9.30am to 5 pm Sat, Sun, and entrance costs are $17.50 adult, $10
child, $14.50 concession, $50.00 family ticket. Entry price includes entry to
the Ipswich Railway Workshops Museum and the Ipswich Model Train Show. If you
able attend then make sure you drop in and have a chat with us, were always
looking for new members. Ask us and we even might let you take charge of the
trains and sit in fat controller’s seat, but be warned once hooked it’s a
lifetime addiction. Spread the word. Guaranteed hours of fun, see you there!

Gary

Brisbane Lego Train Group