 Local / Australia / 14306
14305  |  14307
Subject:
Sydney LEGO Train Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 00:59:47 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

G’day everyone!

Last weekend, the Sydney LEGO Train Club (SLTC) had a very successful showing at the 2007 Annual Australian Model Railway Association (NSW) Exhibition.

Sydney LEGO Train Club (SLTC) at 2007 AMRA (NSW) Exhibition

For those interested, I have just posted pictures (high-res and low-res) plus videos from this show to my BrickShelf folder. You can begin viewing the photos from this URL:

Or you can view the individual days using these links:

Friday (Setup): High-Res or Low-Res

Sunday (Day 2): High-Res or Low-Res also Videos

Monday (Day 3): High-Res or Low-Res also Videos

If you view the videos, you might notice that we were running multiple trains on the same track. This was achieved by running one 9v train, and (up to) two infra-red RC trains on the same track. Because we had two seperate track loops, and there are three channels available on the RC train system, up to five trains could be run on our layout at any one time. We were also able to demonstrate that an RC train with fresh batteries and two motor bogies was capable of hauling a train of up to 20+ carriages around our layout.

I am also very pleased to report that our layout was awarded the Larmour Family “Wombat Award” for 1st place in the Children’s Choice category, and equal 2nd place overall in the People’s Choice Award. :D

2007 Larmour Family ‘Wombat Award’ - Children’s Choice

I would like to publicly thank all those who helped out with the layout - it was great to see the positive reaction from the model railroading community, and the entire public in general. :)

Cheers!
J.P. Manalo

(Cross-posted to lugnet.trains and lugnet.loc.au)