 Local / Australia / 10325
Re: BUGS meeting this weekend.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 04:22:36 GMT

Aaron will be there, please send me meet details
Aaron
"Allister McLaren" <allistermclaren@bigpond.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:

Well, we normally go most of the afternoon, because it takes considerable • time
to do the S@H order as the WWW can be very slow, we all have trouble on
deciding what we want, and then we have the Bistro Maths problem of • getting the
total of the individual orders to add up to the total that S@H claims for • the
joint order (Ken our resident accountant and spreadsheet expert being • essential
to this task). So if we use your place and have to finish earlier, then • we will
all have to agree to start earlier than normal or else the order will not • get
done (heaven forbid!).

Well, there's nothing hard and fast about that, and once everyone's there • I
won't be forcibly removing anyone ;^) I say let's see how we go, and if it
comes to it I can bear my wife's ire (it wouldn't be the first time :)

Also, I was thinking of signing up for broadband, maybe this is as good a
reason as any to do it this week ;^)

Re: lunch. It is the host's choice. Some people provide lunch, others ask • for
people to "bring a plate" or chip in a few dollars each for pizza. • Obviously
everyone's circumstances are different and it does not seem fair to • expect that
everyone is able to provide lunch for what might be a very large group of
people.

There's an OUTSTANDING local pizzaria in Wynnum, so that's where my vote
goes. It'll probably be about $5-8/person. I'll put on snacks and drinks.

If we do have it at my place, how does Sunday the 8th sound?

Sounds good to me. Indeed, it's next weekend (gosh -- time flies). If • people
are wanting to S@H pre-Christmas, then I don't think we can leave it any • later
than this. Even so, I think for guaranteed pre-Christmas delivery, we • would
need to use Express Shipping as the times published for Regular Shipping • would
not guarantee pre-Christmas delivery.

This weekend it is then. Anyone else have a perticular objection to this?
Bear in mind that the following weekend won't be possible, so for
pre-Christmas S@H orders, it's now or never.

How many modules are we going to have?

I have a grand total of one moonbase module to bring. Note for the host, • table
space is always needed to accommodate all the things people bring. In • addition
to my moonbase, I have a few other things to bring along:

* Red Baron
* new Harry Potter sets
* new MOC of 420 Queen St facade (or my redevelopment of same!) -- 98 • studs
wide

Cripes! I'd better get that extension built then :^)

One way or another, we'll find enough layout space.

If I have built my Imperial Stot Despoja, I will bring it along too, but • next
week is looking quite busy, so time might not permit.

I hope you can, I'd really like to see it. But failing a built model, can
you at least bring the box?

So, is it on then? How does a 10 am start sound? Email me at
mailto:amclaren@bechtel.com for location details.

Cheers,
Allister