 Local / Australia / 10235
Re: lugnet.sports
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 12:41:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
Good, now you can explain it to me! Being from the Deep North of Australia, I
grew up where men were men (and sheep were nervous) and football meant rugby,
a thug's game played by gentlemen.

Some people think it's a gentleman's game played by thugs...

I've never been able to tell.

<snip>

I don't follow sport much myself (and certainly not that one, although
doubtless Richie has been squirrelling away evidence to the contrary),

Actually, I'm pretty sure there's no evidence of you *following* sport. Of
course, if you claimed do not pay much attention to sport, I could find
something to prove you wrong ;-)

Cheers

Richie