 LEGOLAND / Windsor / 137
136  |  138
Subject:
Comments on first ever visit to legoland
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.windsor, lugnet.loc.uk.en
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:19:05 GMT

Well, I finally got to go to legoland windsor last friday. A good day
but I can't help feeling a little disappointed in places :-(

Site itself is great - and bigger than I expected. We had our 3 yr old
and a 3 month old baby so progress around the park was slower than I
would have liked :)

It was a very hot day in July  - peak season so I wasn't surprised that
there were hour long queues for rides. What I was surprised at was the
lack of any attempt to entertain the queues on most of the rides.
Standing in a queue for 40 mins with nothing to look at is not easy with
a 3 yr old. Sky rider was the worst example of this. I had expected at
least some models or something to look at - nothing. You could have been
queuing at any theme park.

On rides where there was something to do (boat school comes to mind)
there were several duplo building areas in the queue. Unfortunatly, over
the period of the day all of the bricks had migrated to the last one so
there was nothing to entertain kids for the first 30 mins of the queue
and then when you finally got to the point where the bricks had ended up
there were so many that you couldn't do anything as they were piled so
high. It wouldn't have taken much for them to have someone with a bucket
shifting stuff back a few times a day.

Food. Burger and fries for nearly 7 quid is a bit steap. Theme park
prices I suppose so I wasn't really surprised. Certainly no worse than
many other places. Resturant prices appeared to be similar and quite
reasonable - didn't try this so can't really comment.

On more positive points, miniland is fabulous. We didn't have much time
to look at it in detail as it was 7:30pm already and the park had
allegedy shut 30 mins earlier. Plenty of rides for little kids. My 3 yr
old had a great time (bar the queues!).

Duplo land water playground was a huge win for my son. He would have
spent the whole day there given the chance :)

By the time we got to the shop on the exit it was getting on for 1hr
after closing time. The staff didn't seem to care and there was no rush
at all. Also got to have a look at the new technic lego truck box. Big
box and pretty heavy as well. I *need* one of these I feel ;-)

Car parking seemed incredibly organised and worked very well. We arrived
at around 11am so I'm not sure how it was coping later in the day - it
was fairly full when we got there.

All in all, pretty good as a theme park for younger kids. Whether we
would feel that we had our moneys worth if we had had to pay the 60 quid
entry fee for the 3 of us I'm not so sure (we used tesco clubcard
vouchers for free entry - a very good deal).

Will we return? YES! We are planning to return late in the season
hopefully when the schools are back. Hopefully this will be a bit more
relaxed and give us chance to see a bit more lego this time!

Darren