 LEGOLAND / Billund / 104
103  |  105
Subject:
Pick-a-Brick Billund inventory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.billund, lugnet.general, lugnet.inv
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:07:53 GMT

Hello all,

We visited Legoland Billund from August 21 until August 28 (with seasonpasses). No queues on the rides if you enter the park at 10.00 am among the first visitors... the kids just loved it (8 days on all those rides is too much for me).
I promised Huw Millington I would make an inventory of the Pick-a-Brick shop in Billund, because it hasn’t been updated recently on http://www.brickish.org/bulktracker/. I asked the people in charge of the shop about certain elements (like 1x1 plates in brown and tan), unfortunately they told me that it was the end of the season so not every element was still available (such as 1x2 plates in stone and dark stone). They were not as helpful as I wanted them to be. Anyway, I made a list of all the elements I found on Friday, August 27.
If you are interested in the list before it is updated on the BulkTracker (if you are going to Billund soon), you can also download it from my webpage: http://users.skynet.be/maarten.steurbaut/BillundInventory082704.doc.

I may have made slight mistakes, e.g. I don’t really know the difference between light blue and medium blue (I have never seen both colours at the same time), but I’m sure that those who are interested in the list will know what to do with it.
For those who intend to go to Billund to buy lots of pieces: some bins contained two different elements. I had to check the bottom of the bins to discover that there were also other elements in it.

There was also a special offer at the end of the season: fill a green box (same size as the well-known blue tub 3033) for only 299 DKK. Unfortunately most of the elements they offered were not very useful:

It took my wife more than 2 hours to fill a box with mostly 1x2 yellow and 1x3 red bricks. Everybody was scratching to the bottom to find standard lego bricks, but they were very scarce.

Maarten