 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6272
Re: Parts, Parts, Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:03:34 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jordan Schwarz wrote:
I recall LEGO saying somewhere that generally speaking, sets re-released as
Legends do not sell very well.  This seems odd to me, since I would jump at
the chance to buy an Airport Shuttle, Railroad Club Car, or Black Seas
Barracuda.

I think the catch was that while AFOLs were quick to jump at the chance to own
one of these sets, they were NOT so quick to buy *more* of these sets. It seems
as though a lot of AFOLs who owned the original set were passing up the
opportunity to own more copies of the same set. If I had already owned a Black
Seas Barracuda, for instance, I probably wouldn't have bought the re-release. I
expect that this was true to varying degrees too, since some of the Legend sets
were very good as parts packs, while others were mostly just good collector's
items.

DaveE