 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5027
Re: What set is this part from?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 18:07:41 GMT

I agree, and I'm sure MANY others agree, that 730 was an absolutely awesome set
for parts or building.  I don't think it would be considered a Legend, however.
I could definitely see it as a Classic or Variant, though.

Jake - if you can, mention that a set with the contents of 730 would probably be
popular with just about anyone - girls, boys, and AFOLs.  It would make a nice
Variant too, as long as they try to keep all the pieces the same.

I would HOPE that the 2x3x4 cabinet  and door molds are still in good shape - I
just can't imagine them wearing them out on 2 sets (1065, 730).

725 would also be a good choice for a Classis.

Heck, could you imagine 725 and 730 together in a tub as a Variant?

Adam Howard wrote:

In lugnet.general, Jeffrey M. Szklennik writes:
In lugnet.general, Tom Williams writes:
(Snip) It is a yellow 2x3x4 cupboard with a red
door.

There's one in set:  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/730_2

I have that set & it's one of my favorites (cheering: 'legend, legend...')

Jeff

Hi Jeff, I second your nomination for legend status. I bought six of those
sets when they were being sold- mind this was when I was in High School and
I didn't make much money back then. I sent an email to Lego for them to add
it to the list of legend votes, but I haven't seen anything to indicate they
listened to my suggestion.
For those of you who don't have one- the set contained a lot of really good
pieces. There were enough black roof pieces to create really nice roofs-
sort of like getting several steep red roof accessory packs only in black.
Then there were the containers- 2 yellow 2x3x2, one with red drawers and one
with a red door, and 1 yellow 2x3x4 with a red door. I don't think I've ever
seen another set with that 2x3x4 container. I also believe this was the
first set to feature a minifig pot and frying pan (both black). The set also
included a yellow sink base with a gray faucet.

Adam

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/