 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1262
Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 02:39:35 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
There's a new TLC press release at:

  http://www.lego.com/info/press.asp

here's the good stuff:

  http://www.lego.com/press/

-Suz

Let me be the first to say HOLY (expletive deleted for your protection)
The ability to buy any piece in any quantity in perhaps any color is truly
mind-bendingly awesome.  2002 won't get here soon enough.

Wow.

Adrian

In the year 2002 the LEGO Renaissance will be upon us…
The possibilities will be endless!
(Unless quantity, size, color or piece availability restrictions occur.)
I do believe that this concept has been proposed in the past, but it appears
as though this new development is now fully endorsed and scheduled for 2002.
Its amazing to fathom a creation that I designed could be available to the
general public!

Pretty dang cool!!!

Time to start designing some sets.

Eric Kingsley

Sincerely,

                  Richard Noeckel

You can reach me @ SHROUD_OF_KUNG_FU@Hotmail.com

-Lego good, Canada great-®

Wondering about creation rights (Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts)
In the year 2002 the LEGO Renaissance will be upon us…
The possibilities will be endless!
(Unless quantity, size, color or piece availability restrictions occur.)
I do believe that this concept has been proposed in the past, but it appears
as though this new development is now fully endorsed and scheduled for 2002.
Its amazing to fathom a creation that I designed could be available to the
general public!

Suppose you do that. I bet you a 1200pc bucket that LEGO then lays claim to
the rights on your design. I remember reading something about "imbursing the
creator," but it was pretty vague.

Still, if I can order any piece in any color, I could order up bunches o'
parts and start mass-producing some of my mecha. You wouldn't believe how
many requests I get for the Helldog.

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego

Re: Wondering about creation rights (Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts)
From: "Richard Noeckel" <Shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com>

In the year 2002 the LEGO Renaissance will be upon us…
The possibilities will be endless!
(Unless quantity, size, color or piece availability restrictions occur.)
I do believe that this concept has been proposed in the past, but it appears
as though this new development is now fully endorsed and scheduled for 2002.
Its amazing to fathom a creation that I designed could be available to the
general public!

Suppose you do that. I bet you a 1200pc bucket that LEGO then lays claim to
the rights on your design. I remember reading something about "imbursing the
creator," but it was pretty vague.

Still, if I can order any piece in any color, I could order up bunches o'
parts and start mass-producing some of my mecha. You wouldn't believe how
many requests I get for the Helldog.

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin

If you are want to get pieces for a design, but don't want to give out the
design, one could always do the design,  get the piece count, and then build
something unrelated that used the same pieces.

Steve Martin

Re: Wondering about creation rights (Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts)