 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1094
Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 21:38:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
I have some non-trivial concerns about the User Agreement, though:
[...snip...]

Oops, I forgot a "full disclosure" statement.  Although I don't feel that
my concerns are biased, I think it is still in order:

Full disclosure:  I operate a website with a Mosaic Maker web application[1]
which allows users to upload a JPEG or GIF image and produce pixellated
mosaics intended to be built using LEGO bricks or plates.  It doesn't
compete with the LEGO "Brick-o-Lizer™" in that I don't sell bricks along
with the mosaics my program outputs, but, in a sense, it competes for user
attention since the computer-generated output of the two can be similar.

So, please take the above into account when considering my concerns.  Again,
I don't feel that my concerns are biased by the program I have written, but
I would expect any reasonable person to want all relevant facts.

--Todd

[1] http://www.lugnet.com/cad/mosaic/