 LEGO Company / Official LEGO Announcements / 92
91  |  93
Subject:
LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 20:05:26 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

It’s with great pleasure I announce the next cycle of the LEGO Ambassadors. There were a great number of applications, with almost all of the current Ambassadors re-applying. The application pool spanned the globe, and were chocked full of personal factoids, event recaps, hilarious stories, and other LEGO Moments.

The first cycle of the Ambassadors was what I lovingly called the guinea pig cycle - the test run, so to speak. I’d like to first thank again the first cycle for helping me get this program off the ground. I couldn’t have done it without y’all!

The first cycle was 15 seats, but in cycle 2, we’re moving to 20 seats. I have a feeling that this is a better number, but you never know - in cycle 3 we might go back to 15. It’s all about the flexibility, right? :)

Without further ado, and in no particular order, I give you your 2nd Cycle Ambassadors!

Returning 1st Cycle Ambassadors

Akos Kostyan – Hungary
Chris Giddens - USA
Eric Kingsley – USA
Mark Sandlin - USA
Holger Matthes – Germany
Huw Millington – UK
James Trobaugh – USA
Kelly McKiernan – USA
Paul Jassen – USA (but Dutch)
Eric Brok – Netherlands
Richard Morton – USA (but British)
Pierre Normandin - Canada
Todd Kubo - USA

New Ambassadors

Steven Combs – USA
Volker Draschka – Germany
Knud Richardt Hoj Thomsen – Denmark
Lenny Hoffman – USA
Luis Baixnho – Portugal
Mark Bellis – UK
Jeff Van Winden - Canada

Thanks very much to everyone who submitted an application. The field was incredible this time, and decisions were tough. Reading about all that is happening in the community reminded me how amazing this community is.

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison