 LEGO Company / Official LEGO Announcements / 57
56  |  58
Subject:
Announcing new Legend!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.lego, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.year.2004, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 14:33:17 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Taking a break from reading the 250+ color change posts, I just got the green light to announce a new Legend!

And it’s ....drum roll please....

5541 - Model Team Hot Rod!

The Hot Rod first raced into the hands of LEGO collectors in 1995, and now it’s back for a new generation of fans! As many of you know the Hot Rod was a Model Team set back in the mid 90s known as item #5541. The new Hot Rod is nearly a 1:1 copy of the old Model Team set. The cool roadster with its clean lines and classic also include stickers, chrome elements and detailed car accessories. Steering wheel turns the wheels and the boot really opens. Plus rebuild the Hot Rod into a sleek road racer for more building fun. Ages 9+. 421 pieces. #10151 Hot Rod £26.99 / $39.99

The set will be up for pre-order on Monday, with a release date of a couple weeks later. (We’re working hard to get it live ASAP)

OK, back to reading.

Jake

---
Jake McKee