 LEGO Company / Official LEGO Announcements / 50
49  |  51
Subject:
Discount code clarification and update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:41:44 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

All,

Back in January of this year,  when LEGO Direct provided the AFOL community
their own coupon code for discounts on bulk bricks, an error was made on our
part. We should not have used the character string "J2LUGNET" in the code,
because it contains the word LUGNET (tm),  which is a trademark owned by
Todd Lehman and Suzanne Rich.

Our offer has no association with LUGNET itself in any way. So, to avoid any
possible confusion, we've set up a new code and have retired the old one.

We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding about this. Additionally,
I have to apologize for the delay in posting this clarification. Because of
some confusion on my part, I took a little long than I should have to post this.

The new code is: AFOL23

This code is a long lasting code. When you enter this code at the online
checkout page, you will receive the following discounts:

5-9 bulk items = 5% discount on those bulk items
10-14 bulk items = 10% discount on those bulk items
15 or more bulk items = 15% discount on those bulk items

This discount applies to most bulk items. To add the discount, enter:

AFOL23

at:

http://shop.lego.com/Basket/Basket.asp

There is a form field to enter this, entitled "Express Shopping for Catalog
Shoppers". This code will be online for some time.

If you have any questions, please let me know. And again, sorry for the
confusion and inappropriate use of the LUGNET (tm) trademark!

Thanks!
Jake

---
Jake McKee