 LEGO Company / 914
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 04:23:12 GMT

In lugnet.build, Jake McKee wrote:

- lots of snips -

To me, several statements in this message show how TLC is on the wrong track.

It’s meant to capture
interested builders and turn them into hard core fans.

I remember when well-designed sets served this function, not branded websites.
Maybe kids have changed, but I don't really think so.

What happens to them and
their interest in the brick once they have “used up” the content on LEGO.com? Do
we let them slip away and move on to other activities? Or do we capture their
hearts and minds to ensure they transition into being AFOLs? If it’s the second
option, how do we do that?

By manufacturing and selling great building toys.  When I'm done looking at a
website, I still have my bricks to play with.  I don't need another website to
go to.

And what about those people who read about fan movies in Wired magazine? Or see
a spot about a train show on their local evening news? How do we ease those
folks into the community?

See above.

Bryan