 LEGO Company / 2918
Re: 10152 Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:46:32 GMT

In lugnet.lego, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

   Personally I’m not sure I have a lot of sympathy for collectors that want to buy up multiple copies of a new set and thus make it harder for others to get copies. (Precious Princess, call your office!) Or for collectors that make decisions about what they collect based on percieved scarcity. Collect because you like the set!

Irrelevant. TLC made a promise. They are willfully breaking that promise.

   I love that set. I got 5 copies myself, and I even got some of my friends that weren’t going to buy 5 themselves to sell me some of theirs, but I did it because I wanted the parts for projects. And I’ll likely be using them for just that. I parted one out already just to get one part that you can’t get many other places (I used it in my MTW-2001 BNSF recolor)

If Maersk and LEGO decide to make more Maersk blue sets, I think that’s just great. It is reason for a celebration, not for wailing about broken promises.

Perhaps, but that still doesn’t change the fact that TLC is purposefully breaking their word. And unnecessarily so. Why not use the extra Maersk blue pellets for a run of GP38 locos? Or trucks? Why willfully produce more of a set that they promised would never be produced again? It’s just bad form.

What’s worse, they may cancel the run of dark blue that (at their request!) AFOLs voted upon??? It’s marketing madness. And the whole thing is so unnecessary!

Somebody at TLC had better think this one through better because the whole plan stinks.

JOHN

I fear the end of the wrld is coming my friends, because I actually agree 100% with John here. But I think it’s not surprising coming from TLC that they broke their promise. We’ve seen a change of corporate attitude in the last years that aint pretty. More of the same is coming I fear.

Terry