 LEGO Company / 2789
2788  |  2790
Subject:
Lego going the path of Lionel?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:12:55 GMT

Since it's Christmas time I think of that joke:

Q. What do toy trains and a womens chest have in common?

A. They're originally for the children, but it's the fathers who end up playing
with them.

With that in mind I wonder if Lego is going the way of Lionel and that only the
adults will keep it going in the future.  Face it, this stuff is starting to get
expensive and any set of appreciative size is going to run some $$$.

Looking for a train set (Lionel, MTH) for your son or daughter? Look at what
kind of junky train set you get at and around $150.  But spend $300 alone for a
loco, another $200 for a transformer, numerous $100's more for rolling stock.
See what I mean.  The good stuff you wouldn't dare purchase for the kids!

Kids stopped playing with trains a while back, or at least stopped looking
forward to one under the tree.  Maybe kids just don't look forward to playig
with blocks anymore.

I'll apologize to those offended for the opening joke now.  I also understand
it's not just males who play with blocks as well.  Same can be said for trains,
and I won't go further as I'll have to FUT people.lgbt ;)

-Patrick