 LEGO Company / 2607
Re: Universal Color List...finally
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:59:28 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:

First off, let’s define “universal color”.

Universal Color (aka Locked Color): An evergreen color that would not be changed, dropped, or modified without serious discussion that includes all stakeholders, including adult hobbyists and LEGO Company executive management.

Without further ado, the universal color list:

• Yellow
• Orange
• Red
• Blue
• Medium Blue
• Medium Green
• Green
• Reddish Brown
• Beige
• Nougat
• Light Nougat
• White
• Light Stone Grey
• Stone Grey
• Dark Stone Gray
• Black

• Transparent Yellow
• Transparent Red
• Transparent Blue
• Transparent Dove Blue
• Transparent Green
• Transparent Clear

To match these up with names you know, head over to Peeron)

Well, cool. Personally, I did not expect to see colors like Nougat or Medium Blue on this list. I only expected to see the basics and a few rainbowish colors added like a shade of green and/or purple. But, as a AFOL who has taken a recent liking to shades of blue, I am pleased to see Trans Dove Blue and Medium Blue hit the list.

Perhaps my eyes are not as sharp, but I am assuming that the “stone greys” are the new 2004 greys?

Anyway, just want to show support. Even though they are not universal, I like the wide wide range of new colors that we have been seeing lately, especially in the surplus parts tubs. By the way, really loving those surplus/bonus parts tubs.

-Avery